- May 2017 Calendar
- Vatican News.
- Bishop’s Appeal: The public phase of our Bishop’s Appeal 2017 concluded on Pentecost Sunday. As of May 26, 2017, the parishes have raised $137,052 or 52% of the parish goals.We are grateful to all those who have donated to the Bishop’s Appeal. To make our goal, we need everyone’s participation. For your convenience, you can still make a pledge and pay it in installments. The Bishop’s Appeal 2017 will formally end on December 31, 2017 so you have ample time to fulfill your pledge. Our Catholic schools, Catholic Charities and evangelization efforts need your support. Your gift helps feed the hungry and gives safe shelter to mothers and children in desperate need.For your convenience, you may choose to make a pledge now and spread your donation over several months. Donations may be made in the form of cash, check or credit card. Checks should be made payable to “Diocese of St. Thomas.” Please see the brochure for further information.
- Certificates: Certificates for children who received the Sacrament of Confirmation on April 9, 2017 and First Holy Communion on May 7, 2017, and for those baptized on May 7, 2017, can be picked up by the parents from the church office.
- Families for Christ: Family Sunday is every first Sunday of each month starting with Families for Christ meeting at 9:15 a.m. in Lower Columban Hall, followed by family mass at 10:00 a.m. All are welcome. Interested volunteers please contact Sheryl Griffith at 352-348-6979. Please be guided accordingly.
- Fatima Celebrations: The Children of Mary invites everyone to a series of celebrations celebrating the hundredth year of Our Lady’s appearance to the children in Fatima. The celebrations will continue on the 13th of each month until October 13, 2017. The next celebration is July 13. Your participation will be greatly appreciated.
Food for the Poor: This weekend, June 24 – 25, we will collect non-perishable items for our less fortunate brothers and sisters within our community. As always, we thank you for your generosity and may God continue to bless you and your family abundantly. Once again, thank you.
Sts. Peter and Paul Feast Day: Please join us for a Sts. Peter and Paul patronal feast day celebration at the cathedral this Sunday, June 25, 2017. Masses will be at 7:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. A reception will follow the 9:00 a.m. mass in the school courtyard.
- Missionaries: A missionary group from the mainland will be doing a Vacation Bible School for youth, ages 5 through 10, on Monday, June 26 to Thursday, June 29, from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. at Sts. Peter & Paul Catholic School. The cost is free. The children will be doing skits, singing songs, playing games, and doing art projects, based on a Christ-centered theme. Please pick up a registration form in the back of the church and send it with your child on Monday, June 26, 2017.
Also, if you or a friend has a special need, such as needing some work done on your home, and you cannot afford it, they may be able to help. If so, please take one of the registration forms for the VBS and call the number on the form. Thank you.
- Prayer Group 40th Anniversary: The Holy Family Catholic Charismatic Prayer Group is celebrating its 40th anniversary on July 4th. The celebrations will begin with a thanksgiving mass on Monday July 3, 2017, at 6:30 p.m. There will be a half hour of praise and worship beginning at 6:00 p.m.
An invitation is extended to everyone to join them on Wednesday July 5, 2017, during the All Day Adoration to spend some time in adoration and worship to the Almighty God. At 3:00 p.m the Divine Mercy Chaplet will be sung. This will be followed by an interlude of praise and worship, the Holy Rosary and a period of intercessory prayer. All members, past members and the entire Holy Family parish are invited. Come and present your prayers and petitions to the Lord.
The anniversary celebrations will end with a healing service on Monday July 10, 2017, at 7:00 p.m. All are welcome.
- Parish Registration: Parishioners who have not or are not registered with Holy Family Church as a parishioner are kindly asked to be registered. Registration forms can be found at the entrance of the church. Thank you for your kind cooperation in this matter.
- At Holy Family: Please check out our new website at www.holyfamilystt.com and our Facebook page at Holy Familyvi.
(1) Log on to FORMED.ORG/REGISTRATION then use the parish code QMPGC4. (2) MYPARISHAPP: Access the App Store, download the MYPARISH APP, put in the name of your parish (Holy Family).
- Bishop Thomas Relocation: Bishop Thomas has relocated to the address below. We wish him all the best at his new home.
MOST REVEREND ELLIOTT G. THOMAS
C/O JEANNE JUGAN FACILITY
186 HIGHLAND AVENUE
SOMERVILLE, MA 02143-1507