- August 2017 Calendar
- Vatican News
- Bishop’s Appeal: The public phase of our Bishop’s Appeal 2017 concluded on Pentecost Sunday. As of May 26, 2017, the parishes have raised $137,052 or 52% of the parish goals.We are grateful to all those who have donated to the Bishop’s Appeal. To make our goal, we need everyone’s participation. For your convenience, you can still make a pledge and pay it in installments. The Bishop’s Appeal 2017 will formally end on December 31, 2017 so you have ample time to fulfill your pledge. Our Catholic schools, Catholic Charities and evangelization efforts need your support. Your gift helps feed the hungry and gives safe shelter to mothers and children in desperate need.For your convenience, you may choose to make a pledge now and spread your donation over several months. Donations may be made in the form of cash, check or credit card. Checks should be made payable to “Diocese of St. Thomas.” Please see the brochure for further information.
- Families for Christ: Family Sunday is every first Sunday of each month starting with Families for Christ meeting at 9:15 a.m. in Lower Columban Hall, followed by family mass at 10:00 a.m. All are welcome. Interested volunteers please contact Sheryl Griffith at 352-348-6979. Please be guided accordingly.
- Cassi Hill Pilgrimage: The 70th Annual Pilgrimage to Cassi Hill will be celebrated on Sunday, August 20, 2017. We will gather at Four Winds Plaza from 2:00 p.m. The procession begins at 2:30 p.m. to Our Lady of Cassi Hill Shrine. We will end with a closing mass at Holy Family Church at 3:30 p.m. Light refreshments will be served after the mass in the classroom. All are invited.
- Religious Education: There will be a meeting for all CCD teachers and volunteers on Saturday, August 26, 2017. This meeting will be a time of reflection and will run from 10:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Please make every effort to attend. We would also like to have another planning meeting on the following Saturday, September 2, 2017, from 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m., where we will plan for the upcoming school year, 2017/2018. Thank you for your ministry during the last school year and we look forward to your continued cooperation in the new school year. Once again thank you. Religious education classes will begin on Saturday, September 16, 2017, at 9:00 a.m. in the church. All parents and guardians are encouraged to attend the opening mass.
- Food for the Poor: Next weekend, August 26 – 27, we will collect non-perishable items for our less fortunate brothers and sisters within our community. As always, we thank you for your generosity and may God continue to bless you and your family abundantly. Once again, thank you.
- Ushering Ministry: Being a member of the Holy Family Church ushers ministry is very rewarding. We are open to both men and women of our parish. If you are a caring, reliable and dedicated person, the usher ministry needs you for Saturday mass at 6:00 p.m., and Sunday masses at 7:30 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. There is a sign-up sheet on the table at the back of the church. Please indicate which mass you would be an usher for along with your name and telephone number.
- Fun Day: Families for Christ at Holy Family Church is hosting a Family Fun Festival on Saturday, September 9, 2017 from 11:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. in the church’s parking lot, with registration for CCD. The Family Festival is a fun filled community outreach to invite children and their families from neighboring communities to have fun on Saturday and worship on Sunday. Donations of the following items are needed to make this event a success: Hot dogs, hamburgers & buns, candy, sodas, water, juice boxes, popcorn and monetary donations. Please drop off donations at the church office during the week and at the church on Saturday and Sunday.
- Fatima Celebrations: The Children of Mary invites everyone to a series of celebrations celebrating the hundredth year of Our Lady’s appearance to the children in Fatima. The next celebration is Wednesday, September 13, 2017 at Our Lady of Cassi Hill Shrine at 7:00 p.m. The final celebration will be on Friday, October 13, 2017. Your participation will be greatly appreciated.
- Luncheon: Holy Family church will be hosting a luncheon on Sunday, October 8, 2017, to honor the members of The Children of Mary. This celebration is in commemoration of the 70th anniversary of Cassi Hill and the 100th anniversary celebration of Our Lady of Fatima. This luncheon will start at 1:00 p.m. in Upper Columban Hall. Donations: Adults – $50.00.
- Parish Registration: Parishioners who have not or are not registered with Holy Family Church as a parishioner are kindly asked to be registered. Registration forms can be found at the entrance of the church. Thank you for your kind cooperation in this matter.
- At Holy Family: Please check out our new website at www.holyfamilystt.com and our Facebook page at Holy Familyvi.
(1) Log on to FORMED.ORG/REGISTRATION then use the parish code QMPGC4. (2) MYPARISHAPP: Access the App Store, download the MYPARISH APP, put in the name of your parish (Holy Family).
- Bishop Thomas Relocation: Bishop Thomas has relocated to the address below. We wish him all the best at his new home.
MOST REVEREND ELLIOTT G. THOMAS
C/O JEANNE JUGAN FACILITY
186 HIGHLAND AVENUE
SOMERVILLE, MA 02143-1507