- September 2017 Calendar
- Vatican News
- Bishop’s Appeal: The public phase of our Bishop’s Appeal 2017 concluded on Pentecost Sunday. As of August 21, 2017, the parishes have raised $194,950 or 74% of the parish goals. We are grateful to all those who have donated to the Bishop’s Appeal. To make our goal, we need everyone’s participation. For your convenience, you can still make a pledge and pay it in installments. The Bishop’s Appeal 2017 will formally end on December 31, 2017 so you have ample time to fulfill your pledge. Our Catholic schools, Catholic Charities and evangelization efforts need your support. Your gift helps feed the hungry and gives safe shelter to mothers and children in desperate need.For your convenience, you may choose to make a pledge now and spread your donation over several months. Donations may be made in the form of cash, check or credit card. Checks should be made payable to “Diocese of St. Thomas.” Please see the brochure for further information.
- Families for Christ: Family Sunday is the first Sunday of each month starting with a Families for Christ meeting at 9:15 a.m. in Lower Columban Hall, followed by family mass at 10:00 a.m. All are welcome. Interested volunteers please contact Sheryl Griffith at 352-348-6979. Please be guided accordingly.
- Cassi Hill Pilgrimage: Thank you to all those who participated in one way or another in making the Cassi Hill Pilgrimage a success. May Our Lady of Cassi Hill intercede on your behalf. Once again, thank you.
- Back to School: On behalf of Holy Family parishioners, Rev. Kerly François, Rev. Neil Scantlebury and Deacon Peter Laurencin extend sincere best wishes to all returning students and teachers a blessed and productive school year 2017/2018. Students, we encourage you to focus on your goals ahead no matter the challenge. May our Mother Mary wrap all our teachers and students in her mantle and keep them from all harm. Amen. Once again, have a blessed, happy, productive and safe school year.
- Fatima Celebrations: The Children of Mary invites everyone to a series of celebrations celebrating the hundredth year of Our Lady’s appearance to the children in Fatima. The next celebration is Wednesday, September 13, 2017 at Our Lady of Cassi Hill Shrine at 7:00 p.m. The final celebration will be on Friday, October 13, 2017 at 11 a.m. at Emancipation Garden. Your participation will be greatly appreciated.
- Ushering Ministry: Being a member of the Holy Family Church ushers ministry is very rewarding. We are open to both men and women of our parish. If you are a caring, reliable and dedicated person, the usher ministry needs you for Saturday mass at 6:00 p.m., and Sunday masses at 7:30 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. There is a sign-up sheet on the table at the back of the church. Please indicate which mass you would be an usher for along with your name and telephone number.
- Parish Registration: Parishioners who have not or are not registered with Holy Family Church as a parishioner are kindly asked to be registered. Registration forms can be found at the entrance of the church. Thank you for your kind cooperation in this matter.
- At Holy Family: Please check out our new website at www.holyfamilystt.com and our Facebook page at Holy Familyvi.
(1) Log on to FORMED.ORG/REGISTRATION then use the parish code QMPGC4. (2) MYPARISHAPP: Access the App Store, download the MYPARISH APP, put in the name of your parish (Holy Family).
- Bishop Thomas Relocation: Bishop Thomas has relocated to the address below. We wish him all the best at his new home.
MOST REVEREND ELLIOTT G. THOMAS
C/O JEANNE JUGAN FACILITY
186 HIGHLAND AVENUE
SOMERVILLE, MA 02143-1507