- September 2017 Calendar
- Vatican News
- Offertory Envelopes: Thank you for your generous contribution for the 2017 calendar year. Please pick up your offertory envelopes for 2018 at the entrance of the church. If you do not have an envelope, please register at the church office in order to obtain your box. Please do not take up envelopes that are already assigned to someone. Thank you for your understanding. God bless.
- Advent Season: The Advent season is here. Please note that during the Advent season there will be no flowers in the church and no communion hymn. Please be guided accordingly. Thank you.
- Christmas Flowers: The church is once again kindly asking for donations for poinsettias for decoration during the holiday season. Thank you.
- Church Cleaning: Thursday, December 21, 2017, has been set aside for the cleaning of our church for the Christmas season from 8:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Please come out in full number and let us give our church a good cleaning to welcome the baby Jesus. “Many hands make light work.” Also hands and help are needed every weekend for the cleaning of the church. Thank you in advance.
- Christmas Concert: The Religious Education Program will be hosting a Christmas concert this Sunday, December 17, 2017, at 2:00 p.m. in the church. Please save this date and support our children.
- Confessions: Holy Family Church will have confessions on Wednesday, December 20, 2017, from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Please be guided accordingly.
- Food for the Poor: Next weekend, December 23 – 24, 2017, we will collect non-perishable items for our less fortunate brothers and sisters within our community. As always, we thank you for your generosity and may God continue to bless you and your family abundantly. Once again, thank you.
- Hurricane Assistance: The Diocese of St. Thomas has asked for a list of persons who have had severe house damage or have lost their jobs due to Hurricanes Irma and Maria. If you have been affected, please fill out the form at the entrance of the church for possible assistance from the diocese. Thank you.
- Holy Family Feast Day: The Feast of the Holy Family is Sunday, December 31, 2017. Parishioners are encouraged to wear their Holy Family T-shirt/polo shirt (if you have one) to mass that weekend to celebrate the Feast of the Holy Family.
- Catholic Charities: Catholic Charities is looking for two Case Managers, a Security Officer and a part time Driver. Also if you need assistance with FEMA application or appeal process, please also contact Catholic Charities for more information at 340-642-4787 or 340-998-3809 or visit the Catholic Charities office at 42 Kronprindsens Gade.
- Bishop’s Appeal: The public phase of our Bishop’s Appeal 2017 concluded on Pentecost Sunday. As of August 21, 2017, the parishes have raised $194,950 or 74% of the parish goals. We are grateful to all those who have donated to the Bishop’s Appeal. To make our goal, we need everyone’s participation. For your convenience, you can still make a pledge and pay it in installments. The Bishop’s Appeal 2017 will formally end on December 31, 2017 so you have ample time to fulfill your pledge. Our Catholic schools, Catholic Charities and evangelization efforts need your support. Your gift helps feed the hungry and gives safe shelter to mothers and children in desperate need.For your convenience, you may choose to make a pledge now and spread your donation over several months. Donations may be made in the form of cash, check or credit card. Checks should be made payable to “Diocese of St. Thomas.” Please see the brochure for further information.
- Families for Christ: Family Sunday is the first Sunday of each month starting with a Families for Christ meeting at 9:15 a.m. in Lower Columban Hall, followed by family mass at 10:00 a.m. All are welcome. Interested volunteers please contact Sheryl Griffith at 352-348-6979. Please be guided accordingly.
- Ushering Ministry: Being a member of the Holy Family Church ushers ministry is very rewarding. We are open to both men and women of our parish. If you are a caring, reliable and dedicated person, the usher ministry needs you for Saturday mass at 6:00 p.m., and Sunday masses at 7:30 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. There is a sign-up sheet on the table at the back of the church. Please indicate which mass you would be an usher for along with your name and telephone number.
- Parish Registration: Parishioners who have not or are not registered with Holy Family Church as a parishioner are kindly asked to be registered. Registration forms can be found at the entrance of the church. Thank you for your kind cooperation in this matter.
- At Holy Family: Please check out our new website at www.holyfamilystt.com and our Facebook page at Holy Familyvi.
(1) Log on to FORMED.ORG/REGISTRATION then use the parish code QMPGC4. (2) MYPARISHAPP: Access the App Store, download the MYPARISH APP, put in the name of your parish (Holy Family).
- Bishop Thomas Relocation: Bishop Thomas has relocated to the address below. We wish him all the best at his new home.
MOST REVEREND ELLIOTT G. THOMAS
C/O JEANNE JUGAN FACILITY
186 HIGHLAND AVENUE
SOMERVILLE, MA 02143-1507