- March 2018 Calendar. To view the calendar, you will need Adobe Reader. (Be sure to uncheck the optional offers if you do not want those.)
- Vatican News
- Prayer Meeting: Please note that Holy Family prayer meeting resumed on Monday, January 22, 2018, at 6:30 p.m. All are welcome. Please be guided accordingly.
- Adoration: Adoration to the Blessed Sacrament resumed on Wednesday, January 31, 2018, after the 7:00 a.m. mass to conclude at 5:00 p.m. Please remember it is quality time with you and God.
- Lent: Lent began with Ash Wednesday, February 14, 2018. Now is the time to plan spiritual and corporal works of mercy for Lent.
- During Lent:
- Holy Hour and Stations of the Cross are on Fridays at 6:00 p.m.
- Those 18 to 59 years of age are to fast on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday.
- Those 14 years and older are to abstain from eating meat on Ash Wednesday and all Fridays in Lent.
- Pray for peace in the world and in our families.
- Pray for God’s blessings and protection against the attacks of evil spirits for our parish and our diocese.
- There will be no altar flowers, no Gloria and no Alleluia, no recessional hymn.
- We are encouraged to make a good Confession.
- Give generously to the Bishop’s Appeal.
- Pray the novena of Our Lady the Undoer of Knots that Our Lady will undo the knots of Holy Family Parish, family and ourselves.
- View daily “Best Lent Ever” on www.dynamiccatholic.com.
- Bishop’s Appeal: “Where there is a need, there is the Bishop’s Appeal.” Your gift to the Bishop’s Appeal helps Catholic Charities to provide needed assistance to a fast-growing segment of our community, the homeless. Please give generously to this year’s Appeal so that we can supply needed medicines and doctor visits for our impoverished and infirm homeless in our community.
For your convenience, you may choose to make a pledge now and spread your donation over several months. Donations may be made in the form of cash, check or credit card. Checks should be made payable to “Diocese of St. Thomas.” Please see the brochure for further information. Thank You! “Failure Always Looks for an Excuse, Success Always Looks for a Way, You Are Our Way to Success!”
- Baptism Class: Baptism class commenced on Monday March 5, 2018, at 6:00 p.m. in Lower Columban Hall, in Fr. Kerly’s office and will continue every Monday in March. Application forms for Baptism can be collected from the church office and should be completed before the start of the program. Thank you for your assistance in this matter.
- Priests’ Retreat: The priests of this diocese will be having their annual priests’ retreat at Holy Family church from Tuesday, March 13 to Thursday, March 15, 2017. Please keep our priests in your prayers as they prepare for their retreat. Please note that there will not be any Adoration on Wednesday, March 14, because the church will be in use for the retreat. Please be guided accordingly.
- Laundry: Please note that there will be no laundry from Monday, March 12 to Thursday, March 15 because of the priests’ retreat. The classroom will be occupied. Please be guided accordingly.
- Confessions: In preparation for the Triduum, Holy Family church will have its penance service on Wednesday, March 21, 2018, available from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. and on Thursday, March 22, 2018 at Sts. Peter & Paul Cathedral from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Easter Egg Hunt: St. Vincent de Paul Society is sponsoring the usual Easter egg hunt on Easter Sunday, April 1, 2018 after the 10:00 a.m. mass; however, they are kindly asking parishioners to kindly assist them in getting gifts for the children. Any help will be greatly appreciated. You may drop off the gifts at the church office during this coming week. Thank you and God bless you always.
- Pentecost Rally: The Pentecost Rally will take place on Sunday, May 20, 2018, at Winston Wells Ball Park. The theme will be “A New Pentecost – More Fire” — Acts 2. Sponsored by Catholic Charismatic Renewal STT/STJ. Please save the date.
- Refurbishing of Pews: Please be aware that the refurbishing of our pews has started. Please bear with us as some of the pews are corded off. Thank you for your understanding. God bless.
- Families for Christ: Family Sunday is the first Sunday of each month starting with a Families for Christ meeting at 9:15 a.m. in Lower Columban Hall, followed by family mass at 10:00 a.m. All are welcome. Interested volunteers please contact Sheryl Griffith at 352-348-6979. Please be guided accordingly.
- Ushering Ministry: Being a member of the Holy Family Church ushers ministry is very rewarding. We are open to both men and women of our parish. If you are a caring, reliable and dedicated person, the usher ministry needs you for Saturday mass at 6:00 p.m., and Sunday masses at 7:30 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. There is a sign-up sheet on the table at the back of the church. Please indicate which mass you would be an usher for along with your name and telephone number.
- Parish Registration: Parishioners who have not or are not registered with Holy Family Church as a parishioner are kindly asked to be registered. Registration forms can be found at the entrance of the church. Thank you for your kind cooperation in this matter.
- At Holy Family: Please check out our new website at www.holyfamilystt.com and our Facebook page at Holy Familyvi.
(1) Log on to FORMED.ORG/REGISTRATION then use the parish code QMPGC4. (2) MYPARISHAPP: Access the App Store, download the MYPARISH APP, put in the name of your parish (Holy Family).
- Bishop Thomas Relocation: Bishop Thomas has relocated to the address below. We wish him all the best at his new home.
MOST REVEREND ELLIOTT G. THOMAS
C/O JEANNE JUGAN FACILITY
186 HIGHLAND AVENUE
SOMERVILLE, MA 02143-1507