- March 2017 Calendar
- Vatican News.
- Bishop’s Appeal: Your donation to the Bishop’s Appeal 2017 helps to support our mission in evangelization. Your contribution helps us to nourish and spread our faith through the Catholic Islander which is a focus of unity for all the Catholics on our four islands. It also helps to support Catholic media, the formation of our seminarians and the development of our diocesan youth ministries. For your convenience, you may choose to make a pledge now and spread your donation over several months. “Love what Jesus loves. Jesus loves the poor.”
- Lent: Lent began with Ash Wednesday, March 1, 2017. Now is the time to plan spiritual and corporal works of mercy for Lent.
- During Lent:
- Holy Hour and Stations of the Cross are on Fridays at 6:00 p.m.
- Those 18 to 59 years of age are to fast on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday.
- Those 14 years and older are to abstain from eating meat on Ash Wednesday and all Fridays in Lent.
- Pray for peace in the world and in our families.
- Pray for God’s blessings and protection against the attacks of evil spirits for our parish and our diocese.
- We are encouraged to attend the Jesus Explosion with our entire family.
- There will be no altar flowers, no Gloria, no Alleluia, and no recessional hymn.
- We are encouraged to make a good Confession.
- Give generously to the Bishop’s Appeal.
- Pray the novena of Our Lady the Undoer of Knots that Our Lady will undo the knots of Holy Family Parish, family and ourselves.
- Centennial Booklet: The St. Thomas/St. John friends of Denmark Society in celebration of our centennial celebration have available for sale a 50 years booklet at a cost of $25.00 each. The second part, the last 50 years will be available soon. Anyone interested in obtaining a copy please contact Rita Brady-Bermudez after the 7:30 a.m. mass or call her at 340-775-9120 or 340-690-4742. Thanks for your interest and support.
- Jesus Explosion Number One: The Diocese of St. Thomas of the Virgin Islands presents Jesus Explosion Number One, which will take place at Columban Hall at Holy Family Church, from Friday, March 31 to Sunday, April 2, 2017. The main speaker will be Fr. Ian Taylor of Trinidad & Tobago. The theme for the weekend is “God’s Love”—John 3:16. The fee is $20.00 for ages 10 to 21 which includes registration, material, weekend meals and a polo shirt. Adults: 22 and older, registration is $35.00. Meals and polo shirts are sold separately. Registration forms are available at all Catholic churches. Accommodations are needed for visitors from Trinidad, Virgin Gorda, Tortola and St. Croix. Volunteers please contact Yvonne Freeman at 340-642-6377.
- Palm Sunday Concert: Holy Family Catholic Church will host a Palm Sunday Concert featuring Holy Family Adult and Youth Choirs, Haitian Adult and Youth Choirs, Sts. Peter & Paul Cathedral and Spanish Choirs, Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Choir and additional Guest Artists. The concert will take place on Palm Sunday, April 9, 2017 at 4:00 p.m. in Upper Columban Hall. Donation – Adults $15.00, Children 12 and under pay $10:00 at the door. Please save this date and plan to be there and bring the family along. Thank you.
- Easter Sunday Luncheon: The St. Joseph Workers will host an Easter Sunday Luncheon, on Sunday, April 16, 2017, at 12:30 p.m. in Upper Columban Hall, with Live Entertainment. Donation – Adults – $40.00 and Children – $25.00 at the door. Please save the date.
- Parish Registration: Parishioners who have not or are not registered with Holy Family Church as a parishioner are kindly asked to be registered. Registration forms can be found at the entrance of the church. Thank you for your kind cooperation in this matter.
- New at Holy Family: Please check out our new website at www.holyfamilystt.com and our Facebook page at Holy Familyvi.
(1) Log on to FORMED.ORG/REGISTRATION then use the parish code QMPGC4. (2) MYPARISHAPP: Access the App Store, download the MYPARISH APP, put in the name of your parish (Holy Family).
- Bishop Thomas Relocation: Bishop Thomas has relocated to the address below. We wish him all the best at his new home.
MOST REVEREND ELLIOTT G. THOMAS
C/O JEANNE JUGAN FACILITY
186 HIGHLAND AVENUE
SOMERVILLE, MA 02143-1507