- Please remember to wear your masks at all times and social distancing is still in effect.
- Vatican News
- Protection of Children: The Diocese of St. Thomas in the Virgin Islands is committed to protecting children from all harm. If you have knowledge of any member of the clergy or other church worker who may have abused a minor, please contact the diocesan child protection coordinator, Callista Julien at 340-772-4214.
- Bishop Bevard: A message from Bishop Herbert A. Bevard (PDF).
- Congratulations: Deacon Andrew Paul Lesko was ordained to the priesthood on Tuesday, September 8, 2020, in Washington, DC by The Most Reverend Wilton D. Gregory, Metropolitan and Archbishop of Washington, DC. We pray God’s continued blessings on him. Once again, congratulations.
- Food for the Poor: Next weekend, September 26 – 27, 2020, we will collect non-perishable items for our less fortunate brothers and sisters within our community. As always, we thank you for your generosity, and may God continue to bless you and your family abundantly.
- Please Pray: Parishioners are kindly asked to please keep Bishop Herbert Bevard in prayers and may God grant him the graces for a full recovery, the peace of His presence and the comfort of His love. Amen. All personal cards of get well wishes and prayers to Bishop Bevard can be sent to the following address:
- The Most Reverend Herbert A. Bevard
1801 Grace Street
Wilmington NC 28405-2751
- On Line Giving or Donation: Easy, Secure Giving
Would you find it helpful to have your offerings automated? Holy Family Church makes donating seamless by allowing your gifts to be made electronically from your bank account, debit or credit card. Please consider setting up a recurring gift by visiting our website at: www.holyfamilystt.com Thank you!
- Devotional Candles: Please be reminded that blue and red globes are provided for you to place your candles. If the globes are all filled, please refrain from putting your candles on the shelf of our Blessed Mother and the shelf of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
- Funeral Services: To continue to adhere to the guidelines issued by the CDC and the Department of Health, and with that in mind, we must emphasize that our funeral services are for registered active parishioners only and are limited to fifty (50) immediate family members. We would, however, assist any family with the burial at the cemetery. Please be guided accordingly.
- Media Ministry: We are seeking young interested volunteers to join the Media Ministry. Please contact Mr. Francis Callwood at 340-998-6403.
- Adoration: There is adoration on Wednesdays after the 7:00 a.m. mass and Fridays, from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Please be guided accordingly.
- Bishop’s Appeal: The public phase of our Bishop’s Appeal 2020 concluded the weekend of June 6 – 7.
- We are grateful to all those who have donated to the Bishop’s Appeal. To make our goal, we still need everyone’s participation. Our schools, Catholic Charities and Evangelization efforts need everyone’s support! Your gift helps feed the hungry and gives safe shelter to mothers and children in desperate need. For your convenience, you can still make a pledge and pay it in installments. The Bishop’s Appeal 2020 will formally end on December 31, 2020 so you have ample time to fulfill your pledge.
- For your convenience, you may choose to make a pledge now and spread your payments over several months. Donations may be made in the form of cash, check or credit card. Please fill out the form in the brochure and make your checks payable to “Diocese of St. Thomas.” Please see the brochure for further information. Thank You! “It’s not how much we give, but how much love we put into giving.” —Mother Theresa
- Church Office: Please note that the church office is open. Kindly wear your mask if you have to do business with the church office. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. It is better to be safe than sorry.
- Televised Mass: Sunday mass is streamed on Cathedralvi.com and televised on channel 7 on Sunday at 10 a.m. from the cathedral. Also every weekday morning at 7:00 a.m. mass is televised and streamed from the cathedral.
- Carnival Cruise: CANCELLED
- Stay safer at home, practice social distancing and pray for each other.
- Lectors: Holy Family Church is in need of lectors for the Saturday evening mass. Are you willing to volunteer your service? Remember, what we do for the church we do it for honor and glory of God and for the building up of His Kingdom. Please call the church office and give your names for lectoring.
- Holy Family Registration Form: Forms are available at the entrance of the church. Persons who are not registered members of Holy Family church and wish to register as members of Holy Family Church, please find registration forms at the entrance of the church. Thank you for your understanding.
- At Holy Family: Please check out our new website at www.holyfamilystt.com and our Facebook page at Holy Familyvi.
(1) Log on to FORMED.ORG/REGISTRATION then use the parish code QMPGC4. (2) MYPARISHAPP: Access the App Store, download the MYPARISH APP, put in the name of your parish (Holy Family).
- Online Giving: Visit our website: www.holyfamilystt.com and select Online Giving from the main menu or Support our parish at the bottom of the page. Holy Family offers a mobile version of our online giving page to make it easy for you to give anytime from your smart phone, using “GIVE PLUS” mobile app. Thanks to all those who are using online giving; may God continue to bless you richly.
- Youth Group: Youth ages 13 years to 19 years are encouraged to participate in a youth group with a difference, beginning on Friday, January 3, 2020 in Lower Columban Hall, where you will encounter faith, fun and food. Parents are kindly asked to please encourage your young people to be a part of this youth group with a difference, by bringing them out.
- Prayer Meeting: Please note that Holy Family prayer meeting resumed on Mondays at 6:30 p.m. All are welcome. Please be guided accordingly.
- RCIA: Adults who wish to join the Catholic church or know their faith more are encouraged to attend classes on Wednesdays, at 7:00 p.m. in Lower Columban Hall.
- Catholic Daughters of the Americas: We need you, because God needs you! and you need Catholic Daughters of the Americas, Our Lady of Perpetual Help Court 2049! Catholic Daughters of the Americas is a Catholic organization dedicated to prayer, good works, and the helping of the less fortunate. Catholic Daughters is an opportunity to engage in spiritual activities, along with help those less fortunate. Also, you make more new and dear friends and have fun while enriching your life and others. Regular meetings are held once a month, third Saturday at 3:00 p.m. Please call Evelyn Carole Nelthropp, Regent, at 340-643-1461.
- Phone Numbers: To all Lectors and Eucharistic Ministers: In light of the fact that many of you still don’t have a working land line, please contact the church office via 340-244-9047 with a cell number where you can be reached. If you cannot fulfill your duties on a date you are scheduled to serve, you will be able to call someone to substitute for you. If your land line is working, please let us know that too. Thank you.
- Refurbishing of Pews: Please be aware that the refurbishing of our pews has started. Please bear with us as some of the pews are corded off. Thank you for your understanding. God bless.
- Families for Christ: Family Sunday is the first Sunday of each month starting with a Families for Christ meeting at 9:15 a.m. in Lower Columban Hall, followed by family mass at 10:00 a.m. All are welcome. Interested volunteers please contact Sheryl Griffith at 352-348-6979. Please be guided accordingly.
- Ushering Ministry: Being a member of the Holy Family Church ushers ministry is very rewarding. We are open to both men and women of our parish. If you are a caring, reliable and dedicated person, the usher ministry needs you for Saturday mass at 6:00 p.m., and Sunday masses at 7:30 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. There is a sign-up sheet on the table at the back of the church. Please indicate which mass you would be an usher for along with your name and telephone number.