- March 2020 Calendar. To view the calendar, you will need Adobe Reader. (Be sure to uncheck the optional offers if you do not want those.)
- Vatican News
- Protection of Children: The Diocese of St. Thomas in the Virgin Islands is committed to protecting children from all harm. If you have knowledge of any member of the clergy or other church worker who may have abused a minor, please contact the diocesan child protection coordinator, Callista Julien at 340-772-4214.
- From Msgr. Jerome Feudjio, Vicar General of the Diocese of St. Thomas in the Virgin Islands: The Most Reverend Bishop Herbert A. Bevard has assigned Fr. Neil Scantlebury as the Pastor of Saint Anne’s Catholic Church in Barrenspot, Saint Croix. Father Neil has already reported to his new duties.
His Excellency has requested that I, Msgr. Jerome Feudjio, serve as the Administrator of the Parish during the transition, until the appointment of a new Pastor to Holy Family Catholic Church. Thus, I have accepted to carry out the additional responsibility to serve the people of this vibrant community.
I look forward to working with all the parishioners to continue the mission that Fr. Neil has devotedly carried out for the last 12 years. May our Good Lord grant us the wisdom and the graces needed to bring this task to fruition.
I wish everyone God’s choicest blessings.
- Adoration: There is adoration on Fridays, from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Please be guided accordingly.
- Office Closed: Please note that the church office will be closed all day on Friday, July 3, 2020 and Saturday, July 4, 2020, in observance of VI Emancipation Day and Independence Day respectively. Please be guided accordingly.
- Religious Education: Please be informed that the Sacrament of First Communion will be on Sunday, August 2, 2020 and Sunday, September 13, 2020 for the Sacrament of Confirmation. In the mean time, put your trust in the Lord and step out in faith to take your children to Mass and continue your instructions at home. Thank you and God bless!
- Bishop’s Appeal: The public phase of our Bishop’s Appeal 2020 concluded the weekend of June 6 – 7.
- We are grateful to all those who have donated to the Bishop’s Appeal. To make our goal, we still need everyone’s participation. Our schools, Catholic Charities and Evangelization efforts need everyone’s support! Your gift helps feed the hungry and gives safe shelter to mothers and children in desperate need. For your convenience, you can still make a pledge and pay it in installments. The Bishop’s Appeal 2020 will formally end on December 31, 2020 so you have ample time to fulfill your pledge.
- For your convenience, you may choose to make a pledge now and spread your payments over several months. Donations may be made in the form of cash, check or credit card. Please fill out the form in the brochure and make your checks payable to “Diocese of St. Thomas.” Please see the brochure for further information. Thank You! “It’s not how much we give, but how much love we put into giving.” —Mother Theresa
- Church Office: Please note that the church office is open. Kindly wear your mask if you have to do business with the church office. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. It is better to be safe than sorry.
- Televised Mass: Sunday mass is streamed on Cathedralvi.com and televised on channel 7 on Sunday at 10 a.m. from the cathedral. Also every weekday morning at 7:00 a.m. mass is televised and streamed from the cathedral.
- Carnival Cruise: CANCELLED
- Stay safer at home, practice social distancing and pray for each other.
- Lectors: Holy Family Church is in need of lectors for the Saturday evening mass. Are you willing to volunteer your service? Remember, what we do for the church we do it for honor and glory of God and for the building up of His Kingdom. Please call the church office and give your names for lectoring.
- Devotional Candles: Please note that blue and red globes are provided for you to place your candles. If the globes are all filled, please refrain from putting your candles on the shelf of our Blessed Mother and the shelf of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. Thank you for you cooperation.
- Holy Family Registration Form: Forms are available at the entrance of the church. Persons who are not registered members of Holy Family church and wish to register as members of Holy Family Church, please find registration forms at the entrance of the church. Thank you for your understanding.
- At Holy Family: Please check out our new website at www.holyfamilystt.com and our Facebook page at Holy Familyvi.
(1) Log on to FORMED.ORG/REGISTRATION then use the parish code QMPGC4. (2) MYPARISHAPP: Access the App Store, download the MYPARISH APP, put in the name of your parish (Holy Family).
- Online Giving: Visit our website: www.holyfamilystt.com and select Online Giving from the main menu or Support our parish at the bottom of the page. Holy Family offers a mobile version of our online giving page to make it easy for you to give anytime from your smart phone, using “GIVE PLUS” mobile app. Thanks to all those who are using online giving; may God continue to bless you richly.
- Youth Group: Youth ages 13 years to 19 years are encouraged to participate in a youth group with a difference, beginning on Friday, January 3, 2020 in Lower Columban Hall, where you will encounter faith, fun and food. Parents are kindly asked to please encourage your young people to be a part of this youth group with a difference, by bringing them out.
- Prayer Meeting: Please note that Holy Family prayer meeting resumed on Mondays at 6:30 p.m. All are welcome. Please be guided accordingly.
- RCIA: Adults who wish to join the Catholic church or know their faith more are encouraged to attend classes on Wednesdays, at 7:00 p.m. in Lower Columban Hall.
- Catholic Daughters of the Americas: We need you, because God needs you! and you need Catholic Daughters of the Americas, Our Lady of Perpetual Help Court 2049! Catholic Daughters of the Americas is a Catholic organization dedicated to prayer, good works, and the helping of the less fortunate. Catholic Daughters is an opportunity to engage in spiritual activities, along with help those less fortunate. Also, you make more new and dear friends and have fun while enriching your life and others. Regular meetings are held once a month, third Saturday at 3:00 p.m. Please call Evelyn Carole Nelthropp, Regent, at 340-643-1461.
- Phone Numbers: To all Lectors and Eucharistic Ministers: In light of the fact that many of you still don’t have a working land line, please contact the church office via 340-244-9047 with a cell number where you can be reached. If you cannot fulfill your duties on a date you are scheduled to serve, you will be able to call someone to substitute for you. If your land line is working, please let us know that too. Thank you.
- Refurbishing of Pews: Please be aware that the refurbishing of our pews has started. Please bear with us as some of the pews are corded off. Thank you for your understanding. God bless.
- Families for Christ: Family Sunday is the first Sunday of each month starting with a Families for Christ meeting at 9:15 a.m. in Lower Columban Hall, followed by family mass at 10:00 a.m. All are welcome. Interested volunteers please contact Sheryl Griffith at 352-348-6979. Please be guided accordingly.
- Ushering Ministry: Being a member of the Holy Family Church ushers ministry is very rewarding. We are open to both men and women of our parish. If you are a caring, reliable and dedicated person, the usher ministry needs you for Saturday mass at 6:00 p.m., and Sunday masses at 7:30 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. There is a sign-up sheet on the table at the back of the church. Please indicate which mass you would be an usher for along with your name and telephone number.