- June 2018 Calendar. To view the calendar, you will need Adobe Reader. (Be sure to uncheck the optional offers if you do not want those.)
- Vatican News
- Bishop’s Appeal: As of May 22, 2018, the parishes have raised $146,884 or 55% of the parish goals. We are grateful to all those who have donated to the Bishop’s Appeal. To make our goal, we still need everyone’s participation. Our schools, Catholic Charities and Evangelization efforts need everyone’s support! Your gift helps feed the hungry and gives safe shelter to mothers and children in desperate need. For your convenience, you can still make a pledge and pay it in installments. The Bishop’s Appeal 2018 will formally end on December 31, 2018 so you have ample time to fulfill your pledge.
For your convenience, you may choose to make a pledge now and spread your donation over several months. Donations may be made in the form of cash, check or credit card. Checks should be made payable to “Diocese of St. Thomas.” Please see the brochure for further information. Thank You! “Failure Always Looks for an Excuse, Success Always Looks for a Way, You Are Our Way to Success!”
- Holy Family Health Ministry: Health care professionals and interested persons are encouraged to attend an organizing and planning meeting on Tuesday, June 19, 2018 at 6:30 p.m. in Lower Columban Hall for the purpose of reactivating the Health Ministry. Questions can be directed to Candace Bryan at (340) 228-2912.
- Summer Breakfast Sale: The St. Joseph reunion committee of St. Thomas, will be having their summer breakfast sale on Saturday, June 23, 2018, in Holy Family parking lot, from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. All proceeds to benefit the St. Joseph Primary School in Dominica. Thank you for your usual support. Tickets are available from members.
- Peter’s Pence Collection: The weekend of June 23 – 24, 2018 we will take the Peter’s Pence Collection, which provides Pope Francis with the funds he needs to carry out his charitable works around the world. The proceeds benefit our brothers and sisters on the margins of society, including victims of war, oppression, and disasters. Please be generous. For more information, visit www.usccb.org/peters-pence.
- Bishop Thomas Relocation—New Address: Bishop Elliott Thomas has recently relocated to the St. John Newman Residence in Timonium, Maryland. Below is his new mailing address in case you want to send him well wishes—especially since he will be celebrating his 92nd birthday on July 15th. Please continue to keep him in your prayers.His new address is as follows:
Most Rev. Elliott G. Thomas, Retired
St. John Newman Residence
2300 Dulaney Valley Road
Timonium, MD 21093
- Catholic Charities: Catholic Charities has the following vacancies:
- Full-Time Financial Officer – General accounting duties to include preparation of monthly and quarterly federal and local grant reports and budgets, yearly agency budgets, and financial statements.
- Case Manager – General case management duties include the managing of cases by assessing needs; developing service plans and providing referrals to mainstream services.
- Clerical Assistant (2) –Duties include filing, handling correspondence, maintaining data using computer or manual systems, and other general office duties.
- Security Officer – General duties include, but are not limited to, ensuring the security of Bethlehem House Shelter, receiving and recording of in kind donations, conflict resolution, and ensuring the safety of all residents while on duty.
Interested persons may submit their application to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 340-777-8518 for further information. Applications may also be dropped off at the office on #42 Kronprindsens Gade, St.Thomas.
- Adoration: Adoration to the Blessed Sacrament has resumed on Wednesdays, after the 7:00 a.m. mass to conclude at 5:00 p.m., and on Fridays from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Jesus is available for you to spend time with Him.
- Catholic Daughters of the Americas: We need you, because God needs you! and you need Catholic Daughters of the Americas, Our Lady of Perpetual Help Court 2049! Catholic Daughters of the Americas is a Catholic organization dedicated to prayer, good works, and the helping of the less fortunate. Catholic Daughters is an opportunity to engage in spiritual activities, along with help those less fortunate. Also, you make more new and dear friends and have fun while enriching your life and others. Regular meetings are held once a month, third Saturday at 3:00 p.m. Please call Evelyn Carole Nelthropp, Regent, at 340-643-1461.
- Phone Numbers: To all Lectors and Eucharistic Ministers: In light of the fact that many of you still don’t have a working land line, please contact the church office via 340-244-9047 with a cell number where you can be reached. If you cannot fulfill your duties on a date you are scheduled to serve, you will be able to call someone to substitute for you. If your land line is working, please let us know that too. Thank you.
- Refurbishing of Pews: Please be aware that the refurbishing of our pews has started. Please bear with us as some of the pews are corded off. Thank you for your understanding. God bless.
- Prayer Meeting: Please note that Holy Family prayer meeting resumed on Mondays at 6:30 p.m. All are welcome. Please be guided accordingly.
- Families for Christ: Family Sunday is the first Sunday of each month starting with a Families for Christ meeting at 9:15 a.m. in Lower Columban Hall, followed by family mass at 10:00 a.m. All are welcome. Interested volunteers please contact Sheryl Griffith at 352-348-6979. Please be guided accordingly.
- Ushering Ministry: Being a member of the Holy Family Church ushers ministry is very rewarding. We are open to both men and women of our parish. If you are a caring, reliable and dedicated person, the usher ministry needs you for Saturday mass at 6:00 p.m., and Sunday masses at 7:30 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. There is a sign-up sheet on the table at the back of the church. Please indicate which mass you would be an usher for along with your name and telephone number.
- Parish Registration: Parishioners who have not or are not registered with Holy Family Church as a parishioner are kindly asked to be registered. Registration forms can be found at the entrance of the church. Thank you for your kind cooperation in this matter.
- At Holy Family: Please check out our new website at www.holyfamilystt.com and our Facebook page at Holy Familyvi.
(1) Log on to FORMED.ORG/REGISTRATION then use the parish code QMPGC4. (2) MYPARISHAPP: Access the App Store, download the MYPARISH APP, put in the name of your parish (Holy Family).