Anointing of the Sick
Please call the church office at 340-775-1650 whenever a family member or friend is seriously ill or hospitalized.
Baptism preparation is required for parents before scheduling baptism. Classes are held Mondays at 7 p.m. on alternating months. Please call the church office for further details (340-775-1650).
- Baptism preparation cover sheet (PDF)
- Baptism application form and sponsor eligibility requirements (PDF)
For first Holy Communion, please call the church office (340-775-1650).
Note: The reception of Holy Communion, in Catholic teaching, indicates an agreement of faith, on the recipient’s part, with the Catholic doctrine of Jesus’ real presence in this sacrament. Catholics observe a Eucharistic fast of one hour prior to receiving communion. Therefore, it is inappropriate to have any food, candy, gum, etc., in your mouth while in church.
Holy Communion Stations (COVID Protocol)
The reception of Holy Communion is one of the most profound moments of the liturgy following the Eucharistic Prayer. We are prayerfully discerning adequate ways to join the Communion line and to worthily distribute Holy Communion without compromising the safety and care for those who are unable to join Communion line.
There will be only two communion stations at the center aisle. Communion lines will start with side aisles’ last pews. Please note, the last pews on both sides of center aisle will be reserved for those who will receive Holy Communion from their pews. I kindly urge parishioners to follow the instructions from the ministers of hospitality in this matter. I thank you!
Please call the church office (340-775-1650).
- Call the church office 6 months before the wedding date (340-775-1650).
- If you reside outside of Saint Thomas and plan to get married at Holy Family Church, see information for off-island visitors.
- To apply for a marriage license, do the following:
- Both applicants must come in to the Family Division of the Superior Court in the judicial district in which they desire to be married. If any of the applicants were previously married, he or she must bring with them a certified copy of their Divorce Decree. If either applicant is a widow or widower, he or she must bring a certified copy of their spouse’s Death Certificate.
- There is a one hundred dollar ($100.00) non-refundable application fee which must be paid with the filing of the Marriage Application. There is a non-refundable one hundred dollar ($100.00) application fee, which must be paid when the marriage license is picked up after the eight (8) day period for posting in accordance with 16 V.I. Code Ann. § 37.
- For parties who reside off-island and are requesting information to get married in the Virgin Islands, please note that upon calling the Family Division, the clerk will obtain pertinent contact information from you. A Marriage Information Fact, an Application for Marriage License and a License and Certificate of Marriage will be forwarded to you. Applicants arriving from off island should attach a letter with the application detailing the date of their visit, the length of their stay; the date of preference if desirous of having the marriage performed by a judge. Please note that there is an eight (8) day period of posting of marriage applications, except where previously granted an exemption by the Court.
- An online marriage application is available at the Superior Court forms page.
Confession is the sacrament that allows us to admit our faults and develop humility, but the most profound part is we get to experience Christ’s gift of mercy. Confession is available every day by appointment.
For first Reconciliation, please call the church office (340-775-1650).