Thank you for choosing the Holy Family Church for your wedding ceremony. The following is a list of concerns on our part before we can witness your marriage:
- You are to begin the process six (6) months prior to your wedding date.
- Our regulations are the same as your home diocese. This means that whatever pre-marriage process your diocese has (contact your parish priest), we will accept here. As such we request that your parish priest forward your completed marriage documents to our Chancellor at: Diocese of St. Thomas, P.O. Box 301825, St. Thomas, VI 00803-1825.
- You must submit your witness forms (2) filled out along with other required documents.
- If any dispensation is required, ask your priest. He will know what it means.
- Your local parish’s Prenuptial Questionnaire for marriage and any other papers, such as baptism certificate, (complete mailing address of baptism church must be sent also) and dispensation must be sent to us along with a letter of recommendation and permission to be married outside of your parish from your local pastor.
- You must acquire a marriage license, ahead of time from the VI Superior Court located in the Alexander Farrelly Justice Complex on the waterfront, which is west of the Federal Building and east of the Fort Christian parking lot. The contact number is (340) 774-6688 / 6680.
- Our Church fee is $500.00, plus an additional fee if an organist is desired. These fees must be paid in advance.
Ideally, the Sacrament of Matrimony should be celebrated with the local worshipping community. It is a public sacrament. However, if for some reason you do not want to follow that way of celebration of marriage, we will be happy to help you, provided all is in order.
In the past, many couples have made initial contact by telephone, setting up date and time with us and then never carried the process further. Therefore, we ask that you respond to this announcement, in writing within thirty (30) days confirming that the wedding ceremony will be at our Church, as set up with us. Please note that weddings are celebrated on Mondays through Saturdays only.
I hope all of the above is clear to you but if you have any questions, please contact us.
Most Reverend Jerome Feudjio, Parish Administrator